At CICTERRA we analyze the interaction between low-temperature sedimentary, geomorphological, geochemical, biological and microbiological processes in different environments. These analyzes allow assessing the current dynamics of natural systems and reconstructing paleoenvironmental and paleoclimatic changes. We make scientific contributions to environmental problems with a multidisciplinary approach, distinguishing/individualizing natural and anthropogenic processes. The area includes different disciplines:
- Environmental geochemistry
- Low-temperature geochemistry
- Quaternary Geology: Climate Change, Limongeology, Glacial and Periglacial Geology.
- Atmospheric dust dynamics
- Loess soils and paleosoils
Researchers involved in this line:
Active research projects related to this line can be found here.