LABGEO – Geological sample preparation lab
- Thin sections for material petrographic analysis (rocks, minerals, etc.).
- Mirror-polished thin sections.
- Polished slabs of different rocks and other materials.
- Staining of materials and resin with different additives (S red alizarin, sodic fluorescein, etc.).
- Chalcographic probes.
- Material sample preparation for chemical analysis, particle size analyzes, and heavy mineral concentration (zircon, monazite, etc.).
LABGEO – Geochemistry lab
- Chemical analysis in rocks, minerals, and soils of majority elements and traces (precious metals) and elements of rare soil elements by ICP-MS.
- Water content, organic matter and carbonate gravimetric analysis through typical methods (LOI, lost of ignition).
- Chemical analysis of dissolved anions in water through HPLC.
- Water Purification.
- Particle distribution analysis.
- Macro and micro preparation of fossil material.
- Sample sieving.
- Preparation of molds and casts.
- Field work logistics (preparation and storage of campaign equipment)
- Preventive storage and conservation of material from campaigns.
- Experiments and experiences in relation with the paleontological activity.
Acid and dense liquid lab
- Separation of heavy minerals (e.g., apatite, zircon, etc.) on the basis of their specific weight, and recovery and preparation of fossils from different rocks.
Micro and macrophotography lab
- Preparation (whitening), mounting and photographing of all kinds of material, geological or paleontological samples.
Basin analysis lab – Clay mineral area
- Separation and preparation of clay minerals for analysis by XRD, TEM and Ar-Ar geochronology.
Experimental paleobiology and geomicrobiology lab
- Paleobiology and geomicrobiology studies . Cell culture, behavioral studies, soft tissue dissection, skeletization in vertebrates.
For service request, please contact: : email@example.com